Jewellery today is no longer an afterthought for millennial brides. With the range of styles and designs available, there is no denying that jewellery can make or break a look drastically. Hence, to-be-brides are placing equal emphasis on jewellery as their pre-wedding outfits. Every ceremony in their pre-wedding festivities has a specially curated look, with a lot of thought put into finding statement jewellery pieces for each occasion.
The quest for building the perfect jewellery pieces, however, is an overwhelming one. Indian weddings have so many occasions, and getting your look right for each ceremony can be stressful. After all, everyone’s eyes are on the bride on her wedding day. Whether you want to experiment with avant-garde designs or opt for a touch of tradition, we have jewellery for every kind of bride. Check out our guide to 10 must-have pieces every millennial bride must include in her pre-wedding ceremonies.
1. If there’s one trend that is here to stay, it’s the choker necklace, royally adorning the neck of our to-be-brides. The sheer versatility of the choker to be paired with a saree, a lehenga, a gown makes it a pre-wedding staple. For your engagement, opt for this uber chic and elegant pearl emerald choker set. This choker is an absolute showstopper and can be paired with almost any colored outfit.
2. An evergreen design, the chandbalis have been a bridal staple for generations. A popular choice amongst bollywood celebs, chandbalis can work beautifully for almost every pre-wedding occasion. From roka to reception, you can rock this pristine sea green meenakari and pearl earrings almost everywhere. Team up this subtle yet elegant pair with a pastel lehenga or a saree for an ethereal touch.
3. A quintessential Indian bridal look is only complete with the right pair of bangles. Brides on the lookout for traditional yet trendy jewellery can check out this majestic kadha set with the bright vibrant blue meenakari work. This gorgeous set of bangles with its glorious details offers a classic twist to traditional jewellery, ideal for the trendsetter brides. With its bright and colorful vibrance, it will perfectly complement your mehendi look.
4. If there’s one thing we can say without a doubt, it’s that to-be-brides can never go wrong with diamonds when opting for a modern vibe. Connoisseurs of classic must opt for this pair of shining diamond studded gold bangles. Adorn your wrist with the rich sparkling opulence of this dazzling statement piece for your engagement or reception and shine bright like the diva you are.
5. For brides who want to make a coveted statement, we suggest opting for the timeless charm of fine diamonds. This fabulous array of rubies and diamonds forming a love narrative is an exquisite pick. Flaunt this exclusive neckpiece for a contemporary look at your sangeet or cocktail party. You can pair this with subtle earrings, a statement cocktail ring and minimal makeup.
6. As a bride, you would want to plan your look down to the last detail. So why let your hands be ignored? A dramatic statement ring is emerging as a popular choice amongst millennial brides. Check out this diamond and emerald statement ring in a floral design, apt for the perfect finishing touch to your cocktail or sangeet look. The cluster of diamonds interplaying with the mesmerizing emeralds is sure to grab attention.
7. Next on this list is this royal-looking kundan set. If you are planning to don a pastel outfit, this chic set in heart-winning hues is ideal for your engagement look and sure to command attention. This choker set and matching earrings will add to the beauty of your attire and effortlessly enhance your look. Kundan sets are much sought after by brides-to-be as they look quite classy and tasteful.
8. Every bride wants to make a grand impression in her pre-wedding ceremonies. With all eyes set on her, it is important to style it right even when it comes to her fingers. This statement cocktail ring crafted with fine artistry is bound to spruce up a minimalist outfit by adding glam to your ensemble. Brides with a traditional sensibility looking to bend the rules should definitely consider this.
9. This statement piece from our collection is all the vintage charm you need for your pre-wedding ceremonies. This perfectly curated, heritage necklace and earrings, fashioned in gold and polki will complement your Indian ensemble beautifully- whether a saree or a lehenga. Keep your attire simple to let this masterpiece make the most noise.
10. Streamline your look with this highlight piece- our diamond and gold bangle. Perfect for your engagement or roka ceremony, this one is a tale of aesthetic rubies, dazzling diamonds and radiant gold crafted together with grace. The rubies are sure to inject a pop of colors to your ensemble and add an elegant touch to couture lehengas and cocktail gowns alike.